Heart of Meditation
8-hour workshop and mini-retreat at Yoga Garden
Saturday, September 15 , 1:30-5:00pm
Sunday, September 16, 12pm-4:30pm
Join me for this deep journey into the art of meditation! In this weekend workshop and mini-retreat, we’ll do a combination of sitting meditation practice and discussion, exploring different meditation techniques and their purposes in our practices and lives.
- how to start or enliven your personal home meditation practice
- why meditation is so important (and how it can help) in this age of distraction
- the four essential pillars of contemplative practice, including mindfulness and concentration
- how and why to practice different forms of meditation practice from both Yoga and Buddhist paths
- what “evolution” means in a spiritual context, and why it’s an important part of practice
Tuition is $150, or $100 if you register by 9/1
This workshop is appropriate for those brand new to meditation as well as more experienced practitioners. No yoga experience is necessary. Wear comfortable clothes you can sit in. Chairs will be provided for those who prefer to sit in chairs.
This course provides 8 hours for YGSF’s 300-Hour Program. It is part of the 35-hour week-long Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Training, but you can take the weekend on its own.