A Special Livestream Retreat
Mindfulness + Writing + Optional Yoga
with Karen Macklin
Sunday, May 23, 2021
9:30am-3:30pm PDT (with a midday break)
It goes without saying that we are living through historic times. But it shouldn’t go without recording. Each one of us has our own story to tell about the year that has passed, how we survived it, and what we hope our future will hold in the months that lie ahead. An important part of honoring is remembering, and we do this by writing it all down.
On this daylong retreat, you’ll be guided through a day of mindfulness practice, poetry and other readings, and guided writing prompts that will open a space for remembrance and renewal. There will be opportunities to share your writing, but it will be optional.
Experienced writers and meditators, as well as those without experience, are equally welcome. During the lunch break from 12:30-1:30pm, there will be a guided yoga practice for those who want to move instead of breaking for lunch. (Snacking is welcome throughout the day.) I hope you can join for this powerful day of remembering and renewing.
Your casa. No carpooling necessary! (No shower necessary either!)
Sliding scale: $50-$125 per person
(Registration will be capped at 25 to ensure an intimate experience. Please register early! If you’d like to take this retreat and can’t afford it, please contact me to inquire about a scholarship.)
To secure your spot on the retreat, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance and then send in your payment. (Please assume that spots are available until the website says the event is sold out.) Payments are most easily made through Venmo (handle: @karen-macklin). If you’d like to pay in another form, contact me for guidance.
Please note: Registration is not complete without a payment. Registrations are not refundable.
What the day will include:
- Seated meditation practice and teachings on mindfulness
- Writing prompts to help us weave together our stories from this last year and make meaning of our experiences
- Selected poems and other readings shared
- One optional yoga (flow + restorative) class during the lunch break
Please bring to the event:
- Something to write in/with/on.
- A pillow, cushion, or chair to sit on for meditation and/or writing practice.
- Snacks and beverages of your choice.
- Yoga mat, if you plan to take the optional yoga class.